Now I want to get into one of my more basic posts: how to install Pixelmon on your computer! Pixelmon is one of the most incredible and complex mods to ever come out for Minecraft. However, it can sometimes be a bit frustrating and extremely complicated for those who never have downloaded other mods before and have no idea where to start. What if you don’t know where to begin when it comes to playing Pixelmon? This tutorial will show you how to install Pixelmon on Windows and a Mac. This guide will show you how to download, install, and get started with Pixelmon, regardless of whether you make mods for a living or have never downloaded one.
What is Pixelmon?
Pixelmon is a free, open-source, multiplayer online battle arena game for Android and iOS devices. It is based on the Pokémon TCG card game. Players can team up to defeat other teams in the arena or take on single players in one-on-one combat.
Method 1 – The Easy Way
Mods can be customized or added to Pixelmon using this method, and it is best for those who don’t have experience with mods. You won’t have to download too many files and will not have to mess with your computer since this method uses Instant Pixelmon Mod Pack. Following is how to get started on a PC or Mac using this method:
The following screenshots are taken on a Mac OS X computer, but the same concept can also be applied to Windows machines. An expanded version of a screenshot can be viewed by clicking it.
Tekkit and Feed the Beast can be installed and played easily with Technic Launcher. You can skip step two of this method if you already have this pack.
- Click on technicpack.net/download to access the TechnicPack website.
- If you wish to change the operating system, click “Windows,” “OSX,” or “Linux.”
- The file that was just downloaded should be located and opened.
- As soon as you are prompted, log in to your Minecraft account.
Using the updated “Technic Launcher 4.0” with more features and a new design, these next few steps will show you how to set up Pixelmon Modpack.
- To access the Modpacks tab, open the launcher and click the tab.
- If nothing appears, restart the launcher. After entering “Instant Pixelmon,” the search bar will appear.
- You can find the installation button in the window’s bottom right-hand corner.
- Depending on your internet connection, it may take some time for the mod to load
- As soon as the mod is loaded, it should appear alongside other modpacks in the left-hand sidebar
- The Minecraft window should open after clicking “Play” in the bottom right-hand corner.
- Several fantastic servers should already be loaded under “Multiplayer” along with the mods, a minimap, and the mods.
Method 2 – The Hard Way
A great way to learn how to install Pixelmon is to follow this tutorial if you own a Windows or Mac computer, have used/installed mods before, wish to customize Pixelmon, or add more mods. You will need administrator permissions to download and explore files on your computer.
To run various mods, you must install Forge. The second step can be skipped if you have already installed Forge.
- You will need to download the version of Forge that will work with the Version of Pixelmon you wish to install from files.minecraftforge.net.
- Pixelmon 3.0.4 should be used with Forge for Minecraft 1.6.4; Pixelmon 3.2.9 and later should be used with Forge for Minecraft 1.7.10.
- You should transfer and run the type of Minecraft for which you are installing Forge at least once (if not already installed).
- Forge Installer should be run, and Forge should be installed.
- You should now be able to select the profile called “Forge” in Minecraft after it has finished installing. Don’t proceed until you’ve tested it.
It is recommended that all mods be cleared before installing Pixelmon on PC: A few mods might conflict with Pixelmon, so it is recommended to remove them all before installing Pixelmon.
- Here is the Pixelmon file that corresponds to your Minecraft/Forge version – http://pixelmonmod.com/downloads.php
- The Start Menu search bar can be found by typing “Run” followed by “%appdata%.”
- Ensure the “Roaming” folder is open, then the “.minecraft” folder is open.
- Inside the “.minecraft” folder, locate the “mods” folder. The Pixelmon files should be copied or dragged into this folder after downloading. Create one if there isn’t one
- You can now run the Forge profile by opening Minecraft after completing all previous steps. There should be a Pixelmon installation!
- Place other mods in the “mods” folder to add them to Minecraft. Pixelmon should not interfere with them, however.
Please note that Pixelmon might conflict with a few mods, so it is best to have all mods cleared before installing Pixelmon on Mac.
- If you want to play with Minecraft/Forge version corresponding to Pixelmon Mod, download the file from http://pixelmonmod.com/downloads.php
- By pressing “Command” + “Shift” + “G”, you’ll be able to open “Finder”.
- The following code should be copied and pasted: ~/Library/Application Support/Minecraft
- “Mods” is a folder you need to find. Place the Pixelmon files you have already downloaded in this folder by dragging or copying them. Create a folder if one does not exist
- Run the Forge profile in Minecraft after completing all previous steps. It is time to install Pixelmon!
- Place other mods inside the “mods” folder if you want to add them to Minecraft. Make sure Pixelmon doesn’t interfere with them, however.
Compare With Other Versions
Since Pixelmon is a new mod, there are few comparisons between it and other game versions. However, some key differences include:
Pixelmon is a 64-bit mod, while most other versions are 32-bit. This may impact compatibility and performance.
Pixelmon features a completely new creature system, while most other versions of the game use creatures from the original Minecraft. This may impact compatibility and how well certain mods work with Pixelmon.
Once you’ve installed Pixelmon, you can start playing right away! Detailed instructions can be found in the official wiki. Despite this, the wiki specifically refers to a single player, and there may be differences between different servers. This list of servers is also a great resource if you want to try different servers.
This article will show you how to install Pixelmon on your Android or iOS device. Pixelmon is a free-to-play virtual reality game in the world of Pokémon. If you’re a fan of Pokémon, I encourage you to try it!